Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cigars and Enchiladas

Saskatoonies seem to enjoy smoking cheap cigars and eating Mexican food, and thanks to lung cancer and the subsequent anti-smoking laws, one can enjoy a good enchiladas verde without being enshrouded that acrid, dried manure smelling Colt 45 smoke you encounter every time you step outdoors.

And enjoy a good enchiladas verde, we did. In fact it was one of the best Mexican meals and one of the best margaritas I’ve ever had, which is quite a find in a small Canadian city in the middle of the prairies. The place is called La Bamba. They have 2 for 1 margaritas on Tuesdays, and 2 for 1 Mexican beer on Wednesdays.

In fact, if I was flying anywhere that routed me over Saskatchewan airspace I would purposely choose a flight with a 7 hour layover in Saskatoon (i.e. any Air Canada flight) so I could take a taxi from the airport to La Bamba and have a meal. It was so good, I would be willing to fly Air Canada to eat there again.

Damn, that was a good enchilada.

No comments:

Post a Comment