Friday, July 24, 2009

Waiting for Parts

Today I wait for parts. It happens more than I like, but seems to be unavoidable when working with a variety of suppliers on a single project.

My work for this morning consisted of pounding in the 5’ ground spike for the generator. It took 20 minutes with a 15 pound sledge hammer and was hot work in Nomex coveralls, but I found if I hummed “I’ve Been Working on a Railroad” I could get into a good rhythm. It is music for pounding spikes after all, and is timed properly for that task.

Lunch is next on my agenda. The food in camp has been pretty good, but I worry that I’m going to gain (more) weight. Breakfast is eggs how you like them, bacon, sausage, ham, pancakes, French toast, fruit, and coffee, tea, or juice. Lunch and dinners are meat and potato affairs like roast beef and mashed potatoes, or roast chicken and potatoes. The food is served buffet style, and there’s no pop here; no nutritional value the cook said.

No comments:

Post a Comment